Mayor's Office


Welcome to the Flint Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:

Start Report Frequently Asked Questions

What You Need To Know

If you answer yes to all of the below questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.

  • This is not an Emergency.
  • This incident occurred within the Flint Police Department City limits.
  • There are No Known suspects.
  • This did not occur on a State Highway.
  • I have an email address and a Michigan driver’s license or State ID.

What To Expect After You Submit A Report:

Please note: All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Filing a false police report is a crime.

  • See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
  • Be given a police report case number.
  • Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.

Using the Flint Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one report type per incident):

  • Burglary (Breaking and Entering)
  • Found Property
  • Fraud
  • Fraud- By Conversion
  • Fraud – Check
  • Harassment
  • Hit and Run
  • Identity Theft
  • Theft
  • Vandalism

Powered by Coplogic’s Online Citizen Police Reporting

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
A: If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 810-237-6800.

Q: What if this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
A: No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Flint please call the police department for that city.

Q: What if this happened on a state highway?
A: If this took place on a state highway please call the Michigan State Police. For the Genesee County MSP Post call 810-732-1111.

Q: What is a known suspect?
A: A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Q: What do I do with found property?
A: The person reporting can either bring the property to the Police Station or hold onto the property for pick up by the Police.

Q: An email address is necessary to submit a report. What if I don’t have an email address?
A: Free emails can be set up through Gmail or Yahoo. For those who do not have Internet access, come to one of the five mini-stations and the volunteers will help you file your complaint.