FLINT, Michigan — The City of Flint will have a new waste service provider starting October 1, 2021. Priority Waste will begin trash pickup for residents that will include waste collection every week for trash, recycling, and yard waste.
“We are pleased to have a waste collection provider ready to offer uninterrupted waste services for Flint residents,” said Mayor Sheldon Neeley. “We look forward to this new partnership with Priority Waste as an active member in the fight against blight to keep the City of Flint safe and clean.”
The City of Flint will have no disruption of waste collection during the transition of waste service providers. Priority Waste will also provide waste collection services for residents that include:
• Anything up to 96 gallons containers can be used for waste or recycling (labels are needed on the cans)
• Residents can keep the same blue recycling bins
• Residents are not required to schedule a bulk pickup – mattresses are included in the bulk pickup and do not have to be bagged
The Priority Waste pick up schedule will be five days per week from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
• Monday through Friday (see map for your service day)
• Waste, compost, and recycling is picked up on the same day
• Compost collection is from April 1 through November 30
• If your service falls on or after a Holiday, services will move to the following business day. Holidays that affect the schedule are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4th), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If a Holiday falls on a weekend, services will not be affected.
“Priority Waste is honored and excited to become Flint’s new waste, recycling, and compost vendor,” said Dan Venet, director of Municipal Relations for Priority Waste. “Priority Waste’s well prepared team looks forward to servicing Flint, and making all members of the community a top priority starting October 1st, 2021.”
The City of Flint continues to move forward to make sure residents are provided trash, recycle, and yard waste pickup every week for every Flint household.
Residents can learn more about the new waste, recycling, and yard waste services with Priority Waste in their newsletter, at www.prioritywaste.com/cities-we-serve/flint, or call Priority Waste’s Customer Service Line at (586) 228-1200.