The following information from the City Clerk’s Office is a reminder to Flint voters of the upcoming May 4th Special Election:
• The City Clerk’s Office, located at Flint City Hall, has reopened and will remain open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through May 4th for the purpose of Flint voters to receive absentee ballots over the counter.
• The Clerk’s Office will also be open on Saturday, May 1, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for voters.
• Registered voters have the right to apply for, receive and submit an absentee ballot in person at the City Clerk’s Office until 4 p.m. Monday, May 3, the day before the election.
• Friday, April 30, at 5 p.m. is the deadline for the Clerk’s Office to receive by mail absentee ballot requests from registered voters.
• Voters have the right to register for the election and immediately obtain an absentee ballot during the 14 days leading up to the election and on Election Day.
• Voters who register to vote, or update their address on election day, may vote by absentee ballot in the Clerk’s Office.
Voters requiring additional information about the May 4 Election should feel free to contact the Flint City Clerk’s Office at (810) 766-7413.