A reminder to City of Flint voters: Friday, October 30, 2020 at 5 p.m. is the deadline for the City Clerk’s Office to receive absentee ballot requests by mail from registered voters in the City of Flint for the November 3 General (Presidential) election.
Absentee ballots may be dropped off 24 hours a day, seven days a week until 8 p.m. on Election Day at one of the following secure drop boxes:
- In front of City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw Street;
- Between the Police and Fire stations on Fifth Street;
- Fire Station 3, 1525 Martin Luther King Ave.;
- Fire Station 5, 3402 Western Road;
- Fire Station 6, 716 W. Pierson Road; and
- Fire Station 8, 202 E. Atherton Road.
They may also be dropped off at six drop boxes located in in the city that are secure and staffed with City of Flint Election inspectors. The drop boxes, which are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Monday, November 2, are located as follows:
- Northside: Berston Field House, 3300 N. Saginaw Street;
- Southside: Word of Life Ministries, 460 W. Atherton Road;
- Eastside: Mince Manor, 3820 Richfield Road, in the lobby;
- Westside: West Court Street United Methodist Church, 2920 W. Court Street;
- Brennan Community Center, 1301 Pingree Avenue; and
- Hasselbring Senior Center, 1002 West Home Avenue.
Registered voters have the right to apply for and receive an absentee ballot in person at the City Clerk’s Office until November 2, at 4pm, the day before the election.
Voters have the right to register for an election and immediately obtain an absentee voter ballot during the 14 days leading up to an election and on Election Day.
Voters who register to vote, or update their address on Election Day, may vote by absentee in the Clerk’s Office.
Absentee ballots must be received in the City Clerk’s office by 8 p.m. on Election Day, November 3.
The Clerk’s office daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office is also open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, and Sunday, November 1, and from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3.
Voters requiring additional information about the Nov. 3 election should contact the Flint City Clerk’s Office at (810) 766-7414.