The Flint City Clerk’s Office will be open this week Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive last minute Absentee Ballot requests for the upcoming November 6 General Election. The office will also be open on Saturday as follows:
Saturday, November 3 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registered voters in the city who qualify to receive an Absentee Ballot include the following:
- Those who are 60 years of age or older;
- Those who expect to be absent from the city on Election Day;
- Those who are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of others;
- Those who cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of their religion; and
- Those who are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
Upon receiving the ballot from the Clerk’s Office, the voter must complete it and return it to the Clerk’s Office no later than 8 p.m. Tuesday, November 6. Absentee Ballots received AFTER that time and date cannot be counted.
The Flint City Clerk’s Office is located at Flint City Hall, 2nd floor, 1101 S. Saginaw Street.