The deadline to for voters in the City of Flint to apply for absentee ballots for the upcoming August 7 statewide Primary Election is 2 p.m. Saturday, August 4, 2018.
Registered voters who qualify to receive an absentee ballot include the following:
- Those who are 60 years of age or older;
- Those who expect to be absent from the city on Election Day;
- Those who are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of others;
- Those who cannot attend the polls because of tenets of their religion; and
- Those who are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
In order to receive an absentee ballot, a qualified voter must submit a request in writing to the Flint City Clerk’s Office, and it must be received by the Clerk on or BEFORE 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018. The Clerk’s Office will be open that day from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. to receive last minute requests.
The Flint City Clerk’s Office is located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall, 1101 S. Saginaw Street. For more information, the Clerk’s Office can be reached at 766-7414.