The Flint City Clerk’s Office will be open this week Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive last minute Absentee Ballot requests for the upcoming August 8 Primary Election. The office will also be open on Saturday as follows:
Saturday, August 5 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registered voters in the city who qualify to receive an Absentee Ballot include the following:
- Those who are 60 years of age or older;
- Those who expect to be absent from the city on Election Day;
- Those who are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of others;
- Those who cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of their religion; and
- Those who are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
The deadline date to request an Absentee Ballot from the Clerk’s Office is 2 p.m. Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Upon receiving the ballot from the Clerk’s Office, the voter must complete it and return it to the Clerk’s Office no later than 8 p.m. Tuesday, August 8. Absentee Ballots received AFTER that time and date cannot be counted.
The Flint City Clerk’s Office is located at Flint City Hall, 2nd floor, 1101 S. Saginaw Street.