FLINT, MI —Officials from the City of Flint Department of Public Works began facilitating 95/5 water increment blending to the secondary water pipeline (Genesee County Drain Commissioner or GCDC) on Monday, August 23, 2021. Phase II toward facilitating incremental water increases to 25 percent for the secondary GCDC water pipeline, and 75 percent to the primary water pipeline (Great Lakes Water Authority or GLWA) is scheduled to begin on Thursday, September 30, 2021.
• Pipe alignment repairs at the treatment plant have been completed.
• Permits have been secured allowing electric service to be installed to vaults at the Frances Rd project.
• Valve and meter calibration upgrades will continue.
• Decisions on future incremental water increases will be based on the monitoring data collected.
All protocols are in adherence with the State of Michigan Safe Drinking Water Act and the City’s agreement with its primary water supplier, GLWA, will continue to be followed.
The City of Flint will continue to provide residents with updates on water infrastructure projects as information becomes available.
Important reminders for residents:
• Additional monitoring will take place during the incremental water increase process, valve replacement work on the primary water delivery system (GLWA), and during all major infrastructure projects. Monitoring results are available on the State of Michigan’s website at www.michigan.gov/flintwater.
• Informational meetings and open public comment will continue to be scheduled to provide residents with updates on ongoing and future water infrastructure projects, which are also posted on the City of Flint’s webpage at www.cityofflint.com/
• For water emergencies or issues with water service, residents can call (810) 766-7202 for [water] and (810) 766-7079 for [sewer]. This line is monitored 24 hours a day.
• For non-emergency questions or concerns, residents can email [email protected]. This email is monitored by the DPW department staff who are always happy to assist.
• Mayor Neeley will continue to provide weekly community updates on WFLT 1420 AM and on Facebook on Saturdays.
# # #