Income Tax Division
The City of Flint, by ordinance, collects a local income tax of 1% from residents and 0.5% for non-residents who work within the City. The Income Tax Division is responsible for administering the City’s Income Tax. Services provided by this division include collection of income tax, payment plans and enforcement of the Income Tax ordinances.
The Tax Enforcement Unit (810-766-7015) concentrates on identifying and contacting non-filers and under-reporters and pursues collection through civil and criminal investigation and prosecution of tax fraud cases. Working in conjunction with the District Court and the City Attorney, the unit also collects other debts due the City through a variety of collection procedures.
When printing out your tax forms, please make sure that you are printing “ACTUAL SIZE”; this will ensure there is no delay in processing.
Click Here to access prior year Income Tax Forms.
The due date for 2020 income tax returns has been extended until June 1st, 2021. Original due date is 4/30/21.
City of Flint Forms
- 2020 F-1040 Complete Booklet
- 2020 F-1040 Fillable Form
- 2020 Instructions for City of Flint Income Tax Return
- 2020 F-1040PV Payment Voucher
- F-4868 Application for Extension for Individual Return
- 2020 F-TC Schedule TC Part Year Resident Tax Calculation
- 2020 F-1040ES Estimated Payment Instructions and Quarterly Payment Vouchers
- 2020 F-COV
City of Flint Corporate Forms
- 2020 F-1120 Corporate Return
- 2020 F-1120 Corporate Return Instructions
- 2021 F-1120ES Declaration of Estimated Income Tax
- 2020 Form F-7004 for F-1120 Corporate Extension
City of Flint Partnership Forms
- 2020 F-1065 Partnership Return
- 2020 F-1065 Partnership Return Instructions
- 2020 F-1065ES Declarations of Estimated Income Tax
- 2020 Form F-7004 for F-1065 Partnership Extension
City of Flint Employer Tax Forms
- Click Here to pay Employer Withholding Tax Online
- Electronic W2 Filing Format: W2 Data via CD
- FW-4 Employee’s Withholding Certificate
- F-SS-4 Employers Withholding Registration
- F-6 IT Notice of Change or Discontinuance
- F941/F501 Employer’s Return of Income Tax Withheld
- 2020 City of Flint Employer’s Withholding Tax Forms and Instruction Booklet
- 2020 FW3 Employers Annual Reconciliation
- 2020 FW-3 Employer’s Annual Reconciliation of Income Tax Withheld
Warning From the IRS Tax Rebate Scam
The IRS has issued a warning to be aware of e-mail and phone scams attempting to obtain personal information by claiming to be from the IRS.