The plan is a phased approach to addressing the State of Emergency in the City of Flint, including both strategies and tactics to address immediate relief and long term solutions. A complete version will be released on January 4th, 2016 when the Mayor presents the plan to the Genesee County Board of Commissioners.
Challenge 1. – Public Health Emergency
Immediate Relief for Public Health:
- Blood lead testing
- Improved access to medical care
- Improved access to nutrition
- Public information campaign to disseminate educational materials to enhance awareness.
Long Term Solutions: Maintaining Public Health and Coping with Lead Exposure
Programs designed to monitor and provide assistance to those affected by lead toxicosis, including sustainable access to medical care, educational, and nutrition programs.
Challenge 2.— Lead Contamination in the Water
- Continued distribution of NSF certified water filters
- Distribution of Bottled Water
- Distribution of Water Testing Kits
Long term Solutions: Capital Improvements Needs
- COMPLETE Transition to a Temporary Safe Water Source until the Completion of KWA:
- IN PROGRESS Additional Corrosion Control added to the Water System
- Faucet Replacement
- Residential Water Line Replacement
- Reimbursement of Critical Expenditures for Financial Sustainability
- KWA Capital Improvements