City Clerk Links


General Links



  Go back to previous


  1. Where can I file a D.B.A. (Business Name)?
  2. Where can I get a State of Michigan Sales Tax Number?
  3. Can I get a builder's license here?
  4. How long will it take to get my license?
  5. When are City Council meetings held?
  6. Where can I get a  liquor license?
  7. Do I need to bring a picture?
  8. Where can I get a wholesale license?
  9. Where do I obtain information on developing a business plan, business training or counseling?
  1. Business names are filed ate the Genesee County Clerk's Office located at 900. S. Saginaw Street, 2nd floor or by calling (810) 257-3225.

  2. Contact the State of Michigan Treasury Department at (810)760-2782.

  3. We only license commercial builders.  All residential builders should contact the State of Michigan at (517) 373-1837.

  4. Normally about 4-6 weeks.

  5. Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Monday's of each month.

  6. (1) Contact the MI Liquor Control Commission. (2) Pay the $670 Liquor License (Transfer Fee) in the City of Flint Licensing Department.

  7. The following categories need a picture upon application.  Pictures can be taken in the License Dept. at no additional cost. Initial Merchant- (1) Picture.  Peddler - (2) pictures. Taxi Cab Drivers and Ambulance Drivers - (3) pictures.

  8. Contact the State of MI Wholesale License Division at (517) 373-3190.

  9. Community Capital Development Corporation at 239-5575.


Contact Info


Fax: 810-766-7480

2nd Floor City Hall
1101 S. Saginaw St. Suite 201C
Flint. MI 48502

Business Hours: Monday to Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.









City of Flint
© 12/22/2014

Best Viewed with IE 7.0 or Firefox