Introduction & Guide Ordinances Applications Design Guidelines Financial Incentives Commissioners Meetings & Agenda FAQs Resources District Maps Sec Of Interior Standards Historic Districts Links  

  Civic Park | Carriage Town | Hurley | Maps        HOME


Historic Districts - Charles Nash

This Queen Anne style house built circa 1890, was owned by automotive pioneer Charles W. Nash (1864-1948). Born in Illinois, Nash worked on area farms before forming a successful hay processing firm, "Adams and Nash," in 1882. He was hired by the Flint Road Cart Company as a cushion stuffer at $1.00 a day in 1890. He later became general-manager and vice president of the Durant-Dort Carriage Company, general-manager of the Buick Motors Company (1910) and president of Buick and the General Motors Corporation (1912). In 1916 he formed the Nash Motor Company.

Registered Site L0736
Erected 1986

Location: 307 Mason Street
Flint, Genesee County