Historic Districts -
First National Bank of Flint
its founding in 1864 through it closing in 1933 during the Great
Depression, the First National Bank played a significant role in its
home city's development. The bank made loans and extended credit to
several fledgling motor companies, including Chevrolet, Dort,
Monroe, and Mason. Charles Nash, president of both Buick and General
Motors, served on the board of directors, as did Arthur G. Bishop,
the first vice president of General Motors. The seven-story bank
building was constructed in 1924 and expanded five years later. Its
neoclassical design features a facade of white, glazed terra cotta.
The First National Bank of Flint is listed in the National Register
of Historic Places.
Registered Site L0848
Location: S. Saginaw St. at W. 1st St.
Flint, Genesee County