Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 810-237-6800..

Question What if this happened in another city, can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer No, if a crime took place outside of the City of Flint please call the police department for that city..

Question What if this happened on a state highway?
Answer If this took place on a state highway please call the Michigan State Police.  For the Genesee County MSP Post call

Question What is a known suspect?

A known suspA known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Question What do I do with found property?

A known suspThe person reporting can either bring the property to the Police Station or hold onto the property for pick up by the Police.

Question An email address is necessary to submit a report.  What if I don’t have an email address?

A known suspFree emails can be set up through Gmail or Yahoo.  For those who do not have Internet access, come to one of the five mini-stations and the volunteers will help you file your complaint.

Close Online Reporting FAQ Window